Discover Johannesburg in an informative, safe, convenient and fun way – aboard the big red bus! City Sightseeing's City Tour shows you the city like you've never seen it before and takes you to all of Jozi's hottest spots.
You only need one ticket for the Green Tour and the City Tour and you can switch tours at Constitution Hill (stop 5).
Best way to visit Johannesburg City
- The City Tour is a circular route with buses running at regular intervals (see timetable)
- 9 bus stops, hop on and hop off as you like
- Although your City Sightseeing ticket gets you a discount at several of the stops, entrance and tour fees are not included
- Total tour duration (with no hop-offs): approx. 1.5 hours
- Commentary in 15 languages (English, Afrikaans, Arabic, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Zulu) plus a special channel for kids
Best things to see on the Johannesburg City Tour
Where does the Johannesburg City Tour start?
To make the most out of your one-day ticket, we advise hopping on the Green Tour at our ticket office at The Zone @ Rosebank (stop 1) and switching to the Johannesburg City Tour at Constitution Hill (stop 5). To hop on the the add-on tour to Soweto, switch over from the Johannesburg City Tour at Gold Reef City Casino Hotel (stop 13).
Our buses follow a timetable that can also be found on our bus stop signs and brochure.
Please note this tour will not run on 24 September 2017 (Joburg 10K CITYRUN) and 19 November 2017 947 (Cycle Challenge).
Tuesdays to Fridays (9am-5pm), Saturdays and Sundays (9am-4pm)
Do note, the museum closes from 12pm-1pm on weekends
Closed on Mondays, Good Friday and 25 to 26 December
Pioneer Park, Rosettenville Road, La Rochelle (26°14'03.5"S 28°03'10.7"E)
Free entry, donations appreciated
Daily from 10am-6pm (from Tuesday to Saturday the last tour is at 5pm, on Sundays and Mondays the last tour is at 4pm)
Corner of Miriam Makeba and President streets (26°12'13.6"S 28°01'59.9"E)
Adults R115, pensioners/students R105, children under 18 R40
Our buses run at regular intervals. Please note buses depart earlier on weekends, public and school holidays. For detailed times, see this timetable or the signage at each bus stop.